Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Charity is stylish too.


I realize I have not written a post about Haiti. When a tragic event happens, sometimes you just don't know what to say. Words can only help so much, it is the action that makes a difference.

Bringing me to the point of this blog. This morning I heard about the 6.1 aftershock in Haiti and read an accompanying ...article... One quote caught my eye "We have to wash with vodka and we have to operate with hacksaws because we don't have enough operating tools." That thought alone is terrifying. I can't even begin to imagine what people are going through there.

I then turned to Etsy to see what sellers were doing. I came upon this ...shop... She is donating 50% of every sale to Doctors without Borders. I had seen other sellers donating as well but I felt strongly about this charity, especially after that article I read this morning. I bought the ring pictured above to do my small part. I encourage you to see what else she has...you can be stylish and charitable. Maybe a V-Day gift showing the one you love that not only do you care about them but others as well.

If jewelry isn't your thing I encourage you to donate to Doctors without Borders ...here... or find a charity you feel strongly about. Every penny counts.

Lastly, if you are a text-er you can do this... SMS text "HAITI" to 90999 to donate $10 to Red Cross Relief Efforts

Thanks for reading, I only hope for the best for the residents of Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment