Saturday, March 13, 2010

DIY: Kitchen Decor

How cute is that?? I have had some old coffee sacks taking up room on my craft shelves that needed to be used and I came up with this! I LOOOOVE coffee and what better place to show that than in the kitchen, the room that supplies me my coffee.

I found the plants at Ikea, kind of adds a southwestern feel.










These were so easy to make, except the burlap is so thick that I broke a few needles during the process. Just sew right sides together, leaving a 2 inch gap un-sewed, turn right side out and stitch all the way around. Piece of cake!

I was so sick of a blank kitchen wall. I found the wooden embroidery hoops at a thrift store and I had some round plastic tacks lying around. I just picked my favorite parts of the sack and placed the hoop and cut off the excess.









You can usually find coffee sacks for free at any shop because they just end up throwing them away. This whole project only cost me $7, and that's with the plants included!

Lastly, I replaced my broken camera, so new blogs on the way!

Linked at Someday Crafts

2 comments:

  1. Oooo...I really love that! Thanks so much for checking out the party, keep checking back we have lots more on there!

    ReplyDelete